The City of Orange Hotel/Motel Tax Committee has released requests for non-profit entities in the City of Orange to apply for a portion of the City’s Hotel/Motel Tax funds .
Any 501(C) organization in the City of Orange that brings visitors to Orange can submit nominations to the committee.
Revenues from the municipal tourist tax on hotels can only be used to promote tourism and the convention and hotel industry. Through the Hotel Occupancy Tax Grant Program, qualifying events can apply for funds from the city.
The mission of the Hotel Occupancy Tax Grant Program is to provide funds to directly enhance and promote the tourism, convention and hospitality industry by applying to one of the following seven categories provided by the law :
- Financing, improvement or maintenance of a convention center or a tourist information centre.
- Pay administrative fees to facilitate convention registration.
- Advertising, solicitations and promotions that attract tourists and conventioneers to the City or its surroundings.
- Expenditures that promote the arts.
- Fund historic restoration or preservation programs.
- Funding costs in some counties to host sporting events that dramatically increase hotel business.
- Signage directing tourists to sites and attractions frequently visited by guests of hotels in the municipality.
Application and guidelines are available at orangetexas.gov. Applications will be accepted until July 15. Funds applied must be for activities taking place from October 1, 2022 to September 30, 2023.
Nominations may be submitted by email to [email protected] or delivered by mail or in person to City Hall, 812 N. 16th Street, Orange, Attention Leigh Anne Dallas.
For more information, contact Dallas at 409-221-3325 or [email protected]