The Point* is one of Sydney’s dynamic, ambitious and fastest growing hotel groups.
We are looking for a content and social media creator to join our innovative, fast-paced and dedicated marketing and creative department.
About the Item:
The Point manages and operates many of Sydney’s most exciting and successful hospitality venues, with a vision brought to life through our obsession with people, product, approach and hospitality “let me tell you another story “. We are constantly reminded of what brought us all together in the first place – an unwavering passion to be social and to take pride in every drink and dish we serve.
The experiences we offer are inspired by bold and provocative measures to exploit places that are truly unique and memorable.
The Point currently consists of Sydney locations, the game-changing level 3, the Shell House at 4 locations in the CBD, the natural wine and pizza wonderland of Surry Hills, the Dolphin Hotel, the whole new modern Greek dining, from Topikós on Bondi Beach, fun and frivolous Harry’s in Surry Hills, and the upcoming Fort Denison Harbor project in Sydney, with more exciting projects to come.
About the role:
We’re looking for a content weapon! If you enjoy creating content and executing ideas, this is the perfect role for you.
The ideal candidate for the role is someone who has a passion for hospitality and has previous experience managing social media. Looking to get a head start in the hospitality industry while learning from the talented and passionate people around you. You will work closely with our Digital Marketing Manager, Marketing Director and Creative Director on a range of digital projects, and assist them with day-to-day tasks related to managing social media accounts.
You will work with the Marketing team and take care of the following:
- Content creation – create, research and capture high quality engaging content
- Copywriting and storytelling “can spin a thread” – alongside our team you will be the voice of our brands and you must be a skilled storyteller with your written words and visual approach
- Meticulously plan and schedule posts week after week that follow our brand pillars and tone of voice across Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Drive the content agenda by constantly seeking new avenues to push the boundaries
- Community manager
- Help grow our accounts organically – Use our social media platforms to grow our community
- Liaise with site staff and keep up to date with promotions, events and bookings
- Design and publish high-quality stories on the site’s social media pages
- Assist the Digital Marketing Manager in implementing social media strategies and analyzing results and data
- 3+ years of experience in social media/marketing and/or similar position OR relevant qualifications that go with it
- Creative spirit and sense of design and photography
- Basic Creative Cloud skills (Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, Indesign)
- Practice with a camera (dslr)
- Excellent writing skills and experience writing for social media and online
- Love branding and have experience managing multiple brands at once
- Ability to maintain brand and tone of voice across multiple brands
- Extensive knowledge of Facebook and Instagram. Knowledge of other platforms is a plus
- Love social media – you enjoy creating and taking content
- Motivated and dynamic attitude
- Attention to detail and aesthetics
- Passion and knowledge of the hospitality industry in Sydney
- Ready to learn
- Likes to be socially active, loves good music, fashion, design, food, drink and wine
Why work for Le Point:
- You’ll work closely with some of Sydney’s best hospitality talent in some of Sydney’s best venues
- Work with a fun, supportive, young and friendly team of hospitality lovers
- Experience to learn and grow into a great career in a growing and dynamic industry
- Create your career path within our group according to your objectives
- Job perks – fun atmosphere, opportunity to attend great and exciting events
- Surry Hills office location