The iconic Hotel del Coronadopart of Curio Collection by Hilton, announced its highly anticipated holiday program, an annual tradition among locals and visitors alike. This holiday season, The Del will transform into a winter wonderland Frosted by the sea with thousands of twinkling lights adorning the hotel’s signature red turrets. The 2022 holiday season also heralds the return of The Del’s famous two-story Christmas tree to the hotel’s restored lobby, as well as a new 22-foot ocean-themed tree at Southpointe Lawn. The spectacular seaside skating rink at Skating by the Sea® will also return from November 17 through January 1, with a portion of the proceeds again benefiting Make-A-Wish® San Diego. The holiday season at the Del will be complete with sumptuous holiday dining experiences, photos with Santa, holiday movies, and more.
The following activities, food and beverage offers, festive events and packages will be available throughout the 2022 holiday season:
- Seaside Vacation Package (Nov 17-Jan 1, 2023) – Enjoy the Holidays »Frosted by the sea” as Hotel del Coronado dons its most festive adornments of the year this season. The Seaside Vacation Package includes a daily $150 resort credit with every hotel room booking (or a daily $200 resort credit for guests staying at Shore House or Beach Village). Daily credit can be used for meals or activities, including any of The Del’s holiday-themed events (excluding Skating by the Sea).
- Skate by the sea (Nov 17-Jan 1, 2023) – Kicking off the week before Thanksgiving, California’s most recognizable and scenic ice rink opens its doors, welcoming skaters of all ages to hit the ice against a backdrop like no other from the stunning Pacific Ocean and the iconic The Del’s Red Turret, on the hotel’s Windsor Lawn. A portion of the proceeds from Skating by the Sea will once again benefit Make-A-Wish® San Diego. Tickets are $40 per person for general admission and $35 per person for hotel guests and members. each seaside skating session lasts 90 minutes.
- Frostbite – A place to relax (Nov 17-Jan 1, 2023) – Frostbite offers the best seat in the house. Cozy fire pits and luxury lounges adorn the rink on an elevated platform where guests can relax with spectacular skating and sunset views while sipping holiday drinks and munching on gourmet bites. Guests are sure to enjoy the festive spectacle of lights, laughter and holiday fun at the edge of the rink. Each individual lounge can accommodate up to six people and can be reserved for 90 minutes with a minimum of food and drink per person.
- NEW igloos by the beach (Nov 17-Jan 1, 2023) – Guests and locals alike can enjoy a unique beachside igloo featuring a cozy living room that comfortably seats up to six people. The experience also includes a roaring fire pit, ingredients for premium s’mores, and a dedicated server ready to deliver holiday-themed libations and snacks, as well as two Hotel del Coronado blankets. Each private Beachside Igloo costs $400 and can be reserved for two hours.
- “At First Light” light show (17 Nov-1 Jan 2023) – Upgraded for 2022, the grove of towering Norfolk Island pines on Founders Lawn sets the stage for an even more dynamic light show orchestrated to music. The Norfolk Pine is originally featured, made famous in 1904 as the world’s first electrically lit outdoor Christmas tree. The free 11-minute show will run every 30 minutes from 5-9 p.m. every night. It is a brilliant and ethereal experience that will captivate guests with a finale of snow showers.
- Thanksgiving dinner (Nov 24) – Give thanks and celebrate with family and friends over a delicious Thanksgiving dinner at the beautiful new Southpointe Ballroom, located at the south end of the resort. This will be the first opportunity for guests to see this grand new space, which is now the hotel’s largest event venue. The elegant buffet will be a sumptuous feast with all the trimmings and live musical entertainment. Pre-registration price (before November 15) is $205 for adults, $100 for children ages 4-10, plus taxes and fees. Children 3 and under are free.
- beach vacation movies (Select dates, October 30-December 31) – Snuggle up in this theater under the stars with a selection of holiday family classics including ‘National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation’, ‘Home Alone’ and more. Guests can upgrade their experience to include a private bonfire with s’mores and a plush daybed. One must reserve. Prices range from $25 to $350.
- holiday party (December 7) – Join The Del for their annual Holiday Community Festival. Festivities include Skating by the Sea®, photos with St. Nick and performances by Coronado school children. This year will also include a special “Santa Claus” skydive to join the festivities – and a fireworks show – a high-flying start to the holiday season.
- jingle roast (December 17-24) – Private roasts at the Del are a longstanding tradition, but in December the roast experience gets a dash of holiday magic as guests receive their very own Santa hats to snuggle around fire and roast s on the holiday theme ‘mores. Reservations are required, with a pit that can accommodate up to 10 people. The price is $230 for the one-hour experience.
- Photos with Santa Claus (Select dates, December 9-24) – Guests of all ages can capture a classic photo with Old St. Nick and receive a professionally printed image. The price is $30 per image.
- Elf deliveries (Choose dates, December 9-24) – To get kids into the holiday spirit, Santa’s elves are delivering personalized themed bags filled with festive treats, a stuffed animal and toys to rooms*. a book autographed by Santa Claus. The price is $75 per child. *Only available to hotel guests staying overnight.
- gingerbread houses (Select dates, December 17-24) – Decorate festive gingerbread houses in the beautiful Coronet Room. A candy bar full of festive decorations and holiday treats make the perfect sweet accessories to assemble the gingerbread house of any child’s wildest dreams. The price is $65 per gingerbread house.
- Christmas Eve dinner (December 24) – Celebrate Christmas Eve in the spectacular Crown and Coronet Room with a lavish festive spread, full of traditional dishes and culinary delights. With Skating by the Sea®, Frostbite and Photos with Santa, Christmas Eve at the Del is the ultimate destination to get into the holiday spirit. The price is $185 for adults, $100 for children, free for children 3 and under.
- Christmas Day dinner (December 25): Merry Christmas, from the Hotel del Coronado family to yours. The Del invites guests to feast with loved ones in the spectacular Crown Room and Coronet Room, where a festive array of traditional dishes and treats awaits. The price is $185 for adults, $100 for children, free for children 3 and under.
All holiday events are by reservation only and must be prepaid for confirmation. Price does not include additional taxes, service charges or gratuity. Please visit hoteldel.com or call 619-522-8100 to reserve.