– Dillon at Talladega Superspeedway: Ty Dillon has nine Talladega races under his belt in the Cup Series and has earned two top-10 finishes at the venue. In 2020, Dillon earned his career-best NASCAR Cup Series result in the fall race at ‘Dega, finishing third. He also led 10 laps here and raced in the lead at the spring race earlier this year before being involved in a mid-race crash.
Dillon made six NASCAR Xfinity Series starts at the super speedway, posting a Top 10 result in 2015, where he finished eighth. In two starts in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, Dillon took pole in 2012 and finished fourth in that race as well. In 2011, Dillon made his one and only ARCA Menards Series start on the track, winning the race in dominant fashion from pole.
– Somewhere on a beach: Ty Dillon’s No. 42 Chevy will sport bright colors with primary sponsorship from Sunseeker Resorts. Owned and operated by Allegiant Travel Company, Sunseeker Resorts aims to provide guests with an industry-leading luxury getaway experience. As an emerging brand and the largest newly built resort in all of Florida, Sunseeker plans to make a big statement with its first resort opening next year in Charlotte Harbor, Florida.
– About Sunseeker Resort Charlotte Harbor: Opened in 2023, Florida’s newest luxury resort located in Charlotte Harbor is the first resort property of Sunseeker Resorts, a wholly owned subsidiary of Allegiant Travel Company. Sunseeker Resort Charlotte Harbor occupies over 22 waterfront acres with 785 guest rooms, including 189 Signature Sunsuites™. Located on the Peace River and Florida’s Gulf Coast, this premier resort offers 20 original food and beverage concepts; including seven stand-alone restaurants, eleven bars and lounges, two poolside offerings, and a 25,000 square foot multi-dining experience. Additional hotel amenities include a waterfront promenade, two unique rooftop experiences and waterfront pool, 60,000 square foot combined convention space, spa and salon at full-service, 7,100 square foot state-of-the-art fitness center with four group exercise studios with classes led by specialty instructors, three retail and market stores, and a championship-level golf club of 18 holes reserved for hotel guests. The resort is conveniently located within driving distance of Punta Gorda, Fort Myers, Sarasota, St. Petersburg-Clearwater and Tampa airports. For more information, visit www.sunseekerresorts.com. Follow us on instagram: @sunseekerresorts and like us on Facebook: @sunseekerresorts.
– Breast Cancer Awareness: As part of a team tradition, Ty Dillon will honor several women who have been touched by breast cancer with pink ribbons lining his #42 Chevy in Talladega. The women featured are family members of Petty GMS employees directly associated with his team.
– From the driver’s seat: Dillon’s thoughts on racing at Talladega Superspeedway:
“I’m pretty fired up to head back to Talladega this weekend with our Sunseeker Resorts Camaro. In every super speedway race we’ve run this season, our Petty GMS team has brought some really fast cars, and it shows with our two teams. We were able to connect with our teammate and take the lead in the spring, and also had a good run for us at Daytona until we were caught in the big one. This time around, I’m hoping we can put together another solid effort and hang on for the 500 miles so we have a chance at the end.”