Best overall classification: Bellagio
Why we chose it
This resort has everything under one roof – shopping, entertainment, fine dining and spa – plus newly redesigned rooms at a reasonable price.
On-site spa and salon, private cabanas (by reservation) by the pool, Italian marble bathrooms, cashmere pillow-top mattresses
- Excellent luxury shopping
- Several romantic gourmet restaurants
- Bellagio fountains offer free nighttime entertainment
- Bellagio Conservatory & Botanical Gardens, Cirque du Soleil’s “O” and Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art, all on site
- Not all rooms overlook the famous fountains
- Only four couples treatment rooms at the spa
- Restaurant reservations are made well in advance
Inspired by a Mediterranean village, with an 8.5-acre central lake and dancing fountains, you could say the Bellagio is the Vegas version of Lake Como, with exquisite European fine dining. The 2,568 rooms in the main tower have just been revamped in a more contemporary style, and the resort has over 500 suites if you want to upgrade your stay.
Dine al fresco at spago, picasso Where LAGO by Julian Serrano for front-row seats to the iconic Bellagio fountain show, or dress up for the eight-course tasting menu at The circus, where there is also a thoughtful vegetarian option. Between the fountains and the over-the-top 14,000 square foot botanical garden that completely changes with each season, there are plenty of photo opportunities.