In recent years, technological advancements have driven and manipulated the hospitality industry. Additionally, due to the COVID -19 pandemic, technology has evolved rapidly like never before, from virtual events to high-end robots. However, there is a huge dilemma between AI and hospitality EQ as the industry is all about “PEOPLE”.
How can hotels use EQ to maximize overall business performance?
The term emotional intelligence (EQ) was popularized by psychologist Daniel Goleman. First of all, it is imperative to understand that technology is extremely important and will help any business to envision and achieve its goals. In the hospitality industry, hotels are rapidly adopting AI to maximize profits, guest retention and overall performance, and more importantly to analyze customers and different trends using data analytics. Using AI to replace core employees won’t make the hospitality industry âhospitableâ or help hotels achieve their long-term goals. Indeed, over time, Millennials and Gen Z customers will travel like never before. Due to their continued experience of virtual meetings and events, working from home, and the so-called tech-driven life, these guests will expect a HUMAN TOUCH, HOSPITALITY, EMPATHY, MOTIVATION and , more importantly, TO TOP-OF-THE-RANGE SATISFACTORY SERVICE with integrated technology solutions.
In order to meet all of these expectations, hotels should consider training staff to improve their EQ so that they can deal with any situation or use their EQ to make decisions when AI is unable to respond to questions. customers’ questions or special requests, etc. In order to become more self-aware, employees must constantly assess their own feelings and moods. Additionally, due to growing customer loyalty, employees can focus on highly personalized touches and anticipate what a customer needs before they actually say it, unlike the AI ââthat is programmed. to answer only certain entries. Soft skills such as empathy, emotional intelligence, kindness, integrity, optimism, self-motivation, and resilience are essential for success, Forbes says. They also predict that by 2030, jobs requiring these soft skills will account for two-thirds of all positions. Frontline hospitality workers must learn to deal with a variety of different personalities, emotions and demands from their customers. For all of these factors, EQ is still # 1 in the hospitality industry.
How can hotels use AI to maximize overall business performance?
Artificial intelligence is here forever, but only as a dynamic assistive tool or as an assistant for humans in the HOSPITALITY industry. AI is poised to make all the difference in the HOSPITALITY industry, with some hotel groups already leveraging AI-enabled tools in their efforts to drive guest personalization. Guest personalization is about data. It’s about capturing and leveraging a vast ocean of customer profile information. Only 17% of Americans express interest in fully automated restaurant concepts. However, by balancing human contact and AI, guests and hotels can reap huge benefits in terms of loyalty programs, data protection, optimization of occupancy and rates and ‘competitive advantages. The following AI-based strategies will be essential for hotels to move towards gaining a competitive advantage in global markets:
- Reputation management: AI can be used to effectively analyze guest reviews and social media posts that link to the hotel, enabling automated responses and educating staff to communicate better. AI can also alert if there are any negative comments that can help hotels find a solution quickly before it reaches potential audiences.
- Customization: Personalized experiences will help hotels increase revenue and loyalty by tailoring their offering with thoughtful touches. AI can easily identify the personal touches that draw people to your hotel and help tailor your experience to the individual.
- Predictive analyzes: After “Data” enables hotels to deliver an incredible personalized experience. As new technologies are added to improve the guest experience, they will add more and more data on how guests interact with staff and amenities in the hotel. All of these interactions can be automatically recorded for individual customers and use them to tailor their experience next time.
- Sales and Marketing: AI-powered hotel data analysis enables hotels to personalize marketing campaigns that target ideal guests. Hotel revenue management software is used effectively to track booking patterns, seasonal demands, eating habits, guest preferences, activities of interest, identify untapped revenue opportunities, and optimize marketing strategies.
- Revenue management: AI can manage data more efficiently, faster, and more accurately to help revenue managers optimize and make better pricing decisions.
Ready to integrate EQ and AI?
The future is bright where integrated EQ and AI skills are needed to better optimize and provide customers with an out-of-the-world experience. In addition, the true HOSPITALITY SERVICE will be enhanced and catalyzed through an integrated approach between artificial intelligence (AI) and emotional intelligence (EQ). Indeed, it will help customers to experience harmonized and futuristic hospitality and service, on the other hand, it helps hotels to gain competitive advantage and stay customer-centric through this approach. integrated where IA + EQ = the future of the hotel industry!
More from Jefrey Walter